Sunday, March 16, 2014

Girl with Green Eyes

For the last few months my daily practice has consisted mainly of drawing small mandalas in my art journal.  Yesterday, however, I had the urge to do something else.  While out surfing the net, as I am want to do, I came across a series of photographs of the faces of people from all around the globe.  One in particular really drew me in…it was the face of a beautiful young girl from Bangladesh with the most penetrating and arresting green eyes. 

Here is the rough sketch I did in my art journal.

Girl with Green Eyes (Stacy Wills, 2014)
pencil and watercolor on paper

 I couldn't remember what website I was on when I found her, but in going back to search just now, I discovered the photograph was taken by travel photographer, David Lazar.   His work is amazing - do check him out.  

My painting does  not do her justice…not even close…but I was so captivated by her, I had to try.  I tend to go through phases in my art…I feel a strong portrait phase coming on. 

2 comments:

  1. I love this portrait, Stacy. You really *are* quite talented! I love her eyes too... I've not been on blog for a while. Down with the flu :( But wanted to go back and leave you this...May be away a little longer until I'm fully recuperated. Hope to see more portraits :) C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine, I'm so sorry you have been sick. I had the flu, too, and I was out of commission for a month. Thank you so much for the kind words. I've been scouting some other photographic portraits online that are calling to me. Take care...sending healing energy your way. :-)

    ReplyDelete