Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Learning Something New

At the Butterfly Ball (Stacy Wills, 2012)

I met June Rollins earlier this year during an online retreat through Abbey of the Arts.  I was captivated by her sweet spirit, and fell in love with her incredible art; in particular, a process she calls "Dreamscaping."   June has been offering in-person workshops for awhile now, and has recently put together a dvd showing her step by step process for the rest of us who live too far away to get to one.   The process involves using alcohol inks on yupo paper.   I love experimenting and learning new techniques and methods to bring beauty into the world, and June is a wonderful teacher.  So if you're in the mood for  something new, I'd highly recommend giving "Dreamscaping" a try!    I created At the Butterfly Ball   by following June's method, plus a little "sacred altering" for good measure.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Stacy! Butterfly Ball is awesome! Love everything about it, especially your "sacred altering." Seeing this has made my day. Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so exquisite dear Stacy! I do hope you will join in creating the gratitude quilt this year...it would not be the same without you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank ya'll so much for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete