Friday, September 28, 2012

Creation Two Ways: A Visual Meditation


This video, Creation Two Ways, is really at the heart of what this new blog is about.  Although it falls into the mandala category (and can also be found on my other blog), the alteration process used to transform my  photographs into digital mandalas, is what Sacred Alter is all about...taking one art form and transforming it into another by a means beyond my natural capability.

Creation Two Ways, is a creative response to some of the material I am currently engaging with in an online course, Women on the Threshold, offered through Abbey of the Arts.   This week we have been immersed in the life, writings,  music and art of Hildegard of Bingen.    Mandalas are something Hildegard and I  share in common.

If you are not able to view the video on my blog, you can watch it here on YouTube.  It is best viewed in full screen if possible.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment